UC4 - Universal Controller
Ultra compact and universal
UC4 as successor of the UC3 is a universal controller for all kinds of midi controllable hard- and software.
The all-rounder has 8 push-encoders without detents, 9 faders and 8 buttons, all switchable to 8 controller groups that allow to control a total amount of 264 control parameters. A 4-digit-display and 8 leds show the current values of all controls.
Various kinds of midi commands like program change, pitchbend, aftertouch and control change in relative and absolute mode with different acceleration amounts are possible. All these properties are fully programmable on the devices very fast and easy for each control separately.
The encoders can work as high resolution
14bit controllers too (control change or pitchbend) which makes them suitable
for sensitive parameters like resonating filter cutoffs or similar things.
Use the internal 18 setups to save your individual settings. Backup and restore of all settings by sysex dumps is possible too.
The factory settings are perfect to control music and video software products out of the box if they are freely assignable. So any additional device programming isn’t necessary for many applications.
The little box is also a great extension for your Ableton Live setup.
There you can control all the continues parameters like track volumes, rack macros, send amounts, track pannings and switchable patameters like clip launch/stop, mute, solo, rec arm, monitor and track select. A special control surface script for Ableton Live 8/9 with all necessary mappings is enclosed in the package. With that script you can also use two UC4 devices to control up to 16 tracks simultaneously.
Check out this amazing power box and you will get a reliable mate...
- Universal controller for
all kinds of midi controllable hard- and software
- iPad compatible with camera
- Control surface script for Live 8/9 is
shipped with the controller
- USB interface with bus powering - class compliant / no driver necessary
- MIDI in and out ports with routing and merge functionality
- 8 push encoders without detents (resolution about 36 pulses)
- Encoder push buttons can send commands (fully programmable)
- 9 faders with 30mm length and programmable snap function
- 8 Buttons with LED for switchable parameters
- 4-digit-display to show control values and programming data
- 14 bit high resolution encoder mode for sensitive parameters
- Programmable value ranges with min/max values
- Data feedback for encoders and faders avoid value jumps
- All controls (incl. push buttons) fully programmable in the device by channel, type, number ...
- Different command types like control
change (CC), pitch bend, program change, notes etc.
- Advanced programming functions like
copy, paste and group sets
- 8 independent groups for encoders and faders/buttons (controlled by shift key)
264 commands per setup
(33 controls x 8 groups)
- 18 setups with backup/restore function contain all controller settings
Very compact designin a black casing (180x105x70 mm, 350 g)
Extensions to UC3:
- Midi in/out ports
- 8 additional buttons
- Editable group names
- Min/max values
- Programmable encoder push buttons
- Fader snap mode
- More precise encoders
- Various software improvements
- PC or Mac with a free USB port (1.0
or higher) or a USB hub (connection by inclosed USB cable)
- iPad with iOS5 or higher (connection by apples camera connection kit)
- MIDI device with standard midi in port (5pin DIN socket connection by enclosed adapter cable)
- USB power adapter (5V min 100mA) if you want to control only midi gear
- Midi adaptor cable Type B for connection between device and other midi gear (one piece is enclosed)
- Special Midi cable for connection between 4th gen devices
- USB Power adaptors for powering without USB host connection
- Manual (english PDF)
- Bedienungsanleitung (deutsch PDF)
- Quick start guide (english PDF)
- Schnellstartanleitung (deutsch PDF)
- Ableton UC4 Live setup file (script) for Ableton Live version 8/9/10
- Ableton UC4 Live setup file (script) for Ableton Live version 11...
- Pictures (JPG) packed in ZIP-file
- Update instructions (english PDF)
- Update Anleitung (deutsch PDF)
- Latest Firmware UC4 Version 02.03 (UC4 V0203.SYX) ! read update instructions first !
- Addendum UC4 Manual Version 02.02 (english PDF)
- Addendum UC4 Bedienungsanleitung Version 02.02 (deutsch PDF)
- Older Firmware UC4 Version 01.00 (UC4 V0100.SYX) ! read update instructions first !
- Review on Create Digital Music
- 350 Euro (incl. VAT)
- 294 Euro (excl. VAT)